Friday, February 18, 2011

Learning Center- Career Learning Center https://sites.google.com/site/msschmittsbusinessed/career-clusters-learning-center

My learning center is based on career choices and preparing for applying for jobs and the interview process. This learning center is linked to my class website. The student can go on the home page of the class website and click on the Career Learning Center link or in the sidebar on Career Learning Center. This professional development topic is introduced in almost all the business electives and is consistent with the senior graduation project. Some of the students have already asked me to review their resumes and this learning center would be a tremendous help to them. The Learning Center consists of a section on different career cluster choices, which is a topic we discuss in the 7Th grade business explorations class, online resources for finding a job, cover letter, resume, and thank you letter samples and worksheets. It also has a link for an interview preparation guide. The entire learning center has an introductory PowerPoint presentation uploaded on the site, explaining the steps in preparing for a job interview and proper correspondence.

3 comments:

  1. https://sites.google.com/site/msschmittsbusinessed/career-clusters-learning-center
    Copy and paste the above link to access learning center

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I can use these resources for my classes too!!! :) I thought your site was visually appealing and very resourceful. It's an easy way for students to access examples and resources to aid them in their coursework. It's a site that can be resourceful for all students, whether they are enrolled in business courses or not and I think that's very important. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Miss Hahn...I gave the link to some of my adults friends writing resumes and interviewing too!

    ReplyDelete